Calm Passionate Communication- 12 hrs of credit:
Seymour’s course combines and adapts several models of effective communication models including Marshall Rosenberg’s work
Course Description: Communicating with clients, colleagues, friends, family and all our relations is a key factor that will determine the success of any life endeavor. Be it for career or personal interactions through speaking, body language, and subconscious language without compromising personal ethics will be addressed.
How will this course “inspire the path of health” in the student’s holistic practice?
Most conflicts and stress can be resolved through listening and communication skills. Students will learn to facilitate “Calm Passionate” communication and rapport skills.
Course Goal and Objectives: To teach students effective communication attitudes and language skills that evoke a safe and healing environment for personal use, bodywork, and other holistic health sessions.
4 points of resolving conflict
Guiding emotional challenges to resolution
Examples: Practice in diads or triads
- The participant will be able to identify his/her feelings/emotions as they relate to client practitioner interactions.
- The participant will be able to list the major emotions of the 5 elements as they relate to client practitioner interactions.
- The participant will be able to “empathize” with a clients feedback
- The participant will be able to explain to clients the therapeutic reasons for his/her massage procedures
- The participant will be able to perform the communication skill of empathy/understanding of needs in any relationship
- The participant will be able to perform problem resolution through performing the 4 points of conflict resolution
For those who need Ethics for CEUS’ the course can be adapted to include the Ethics module. NCBTMB approved
5 PRINCIPLES OF TAKING RESPONSE ABILITY
Our work today requests that participants are willing to assume accountability for their life and are free of expectations of others to do the same. The following provide 5 guiding principles to outline an attitude for assuming “Response Ability”.
1) My personal choices attract life circumstances that are absolutely perfect.
Circumstances occur be cause of choices we have made. We Be the Cause of Our Life Path.
2) Every circumstance is an opportunity to improve and enrich my life.
It is important to stop judging, and instead, exercise kindness and forgiveness to our self and any “other” that has participated in the creation of our life circumstances. Feeling the sensations generated by our emotions will lead us to experience…
Gr attitude- the grace full attitude, the silver lining in every cloud.
3) I have the skills necessary to transform every challenge into a soul – enhancing experience.
We are now willing to utilize feelings as a source of energy and wisdom. Access to this energizing power is available to us at any time.
4) Reverence for Life + Feelings + Thoughts + Actions = Beneficial Change
When our will is fueled by the power of our feelings, thoughts, words and all our actions create
transformation that affects us at the root of our existence. In turn, every branch of our physical, mental and spiritual growth is also affected. Reverence maintains that our personal changes will nourish others as well as ourselves. Do my choices, my words and my actions evoke Good will to myself and other(s)
5) Intuition is the force that will guide us in making life-improving decisions.
We now call on faith, trust and love (inspired appreciation) to motivate our awareness of genuine truths. We are now conscious of choices that move us closer or further from the well being of our body mind spirit.