What is Zen-Touch Shiatsu ?
Zen-Touch Shiatsu is a trademarked ™ innovative hybrid of shiatsu, acupressure, and Asian/Eastern bodywork created by Seymour Koblin.
Practitioners apply pressure while stretching limbs gradually. The attitude of compassion, respect and “energetic empathy” that accompanies the work, serves to stimulate “chi” flow, circulation and vitality.
Every touch combines health assessment and therapy as the practitioner sensitively responds to the unique condition of each client…… A dual journey in healing for both client and practitioner.
The versatility of light energy balancing, deep holding, stretching, elbow, foot and knee techniques or stimulating hand movements provide the practitioner with a vast repertoire of methods to affect profound changes with clients.
“Seymour’s modernized insight into the behavioral associations of the traditional energy meridians combined with his improvisational approach breathes new life into bodywork”
-Jeff St. Onge HHP, Instructor
See Zen-Touch Shiatsu in action:
Why do people enjoy practicing Zen-Touch™ Shiatsu?
“This bodywork style is a pleasure to do. I feel tremendous health benefits from practicing it and my clients get profound results.”
K. R. Ridge-Practitioner
Zen-Touch™ demystifies the traditional eastern philosophical models of yin/yang, five elements, body reading, and lifestyle recommendations by incorporating them into an easy to understand modern-day perspective.
While the philosophies and techniques of Zen-Touch™ provide the student with an abundant source of motivating studies, Seymour emphasizes that compassion, reverence and the expression of one’s innate natural wisdom lie at the heart of healing.
“Zen-Touch™ has introduced me to my most valuable ally… Intuition”
F. Yousry – Student
Learn Zen-Touch Shiatsu
One-Day Workshops (contact us for schedule)
100-hr. Zen-Touch Shiatsu Technician Certification
(2 week, 3 weekends, or 9 week part-time format) Zen-Touch™ I (Beginning /Intermediate, Zen-Touch™ II/advanced with improvisation and Zen-Touch™ III/ Body Reading, (can all be taken concurrently or at the students own pace.)
Students will learn to apply a full body Zen-Touch™ Shiatsu session including basic through advanced techniques, applications of Yin/Yang, Empty/Full, Chakras, 5 Movements Elements, Oriental Diagnosis, Body reading, and Client recommendations. To graduate from Zen-Touch™ Shiatsu Technician students must complete all coursework, homework and do a practical test on Seymour Koblin
Zen-Touch™ Shiatsu I Beginning Intermediate 4000 KC, $225 USD
Zen-Touch™ Shiatsu II Advanced Techniques and Improvisation 4000 KC, $225 USD
ZenTouch™ III/ Body Reading 4000 KC, $225 USD
IF PAID IN FULL one month before class begins : 10,500 Kc, 600 USD
500- hr. Zen-Touch Practitioner/Instructor Internship Program- includes Zen-Touch Technician and approximately 400 additional hours
In-depth studies in a traditional apprenticeship environment. Seymour’s supervision of advanced studies in technique, health assessment, intuition, recommendations and communication skills shapes the individual style of each intern.
AFTER READING THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS, INTERESTED APPLICANTS WILL WRITE A SHORT LETTER TO Seymour Koblin STATING WHY THEY WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ENTRY INTO THE ZEN-TOUCH INTERNSHIP.
- *Completion of ZT I, ZT II/ Advanced /(Improvisation) and ZT III/Body Reading) as a “Repeat Student/Teaching Assistant aprox. 45 hrs.Tuition for Repeating classes is 1/2 price. This price is waived if enrolled in the ZT Practitioner?Instructor Program
- Zen-Touch™ Practitioner Advanced Techniques includes: Point Impressions, Energy Currents, Articulations, and Advanced Flow techniques. Advanced Back and Hara assessment/recommendations, Time Layers, and Life Challenge Transformation Technique/LCTTThe following subjects are covered in varying time (3-15 hr) segments. Sometimes, related subjects like Nutrition, Herbs and Aromatherapy are combined into one full course. Students who want more attention in specific areas can arrange for private or small group internship meetings with Seymour or a Certified ZT Instructor.
- 100 hrs Anatomy & Physiology
- Business Practices
- Traditional Home Remedies
- Body Reading (VIdeo)
- Advanced 5 Element
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Basic Nutrition
- Comparative Nutrition
- Herbology and Aromatherapy Introduction
- Compassionate/ Client Communication and Ethics
- Chinese Astrology Feng Shui
- Water Zen-Touch
- Thesis and 50 hrs logged practice sessions
Approxiamate Total= 500 hrs- Tuition is $15/hr (USA Canada) and 200 Kc/hr (Czech). Previously paid tuition of Zen-Touch Technician or any other applicable individual classes is subtracted from the cost of the full Program.
- Varying Discounts, and work study scholarships are applied to tuition at different times and for applicants with past credit in certain courses (e.g. Anatomy). Please inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollees may repeat group courses for 1/2 the price of the course.
ZT small group internship meetings for enrollees on specific topics can be attended without any cost indefinitely.
Donations are accepted.
- To graduate from Zen-Touch™ Shiatsu Technician or Practitioner/Instructor programs, students must complete all coursework, homework, do a practical test on Seymour Koblin and demonstrate teaching skills.
All of the above classes can be taken as part of an HHP program and are required before interns are eligible for paid teaching positions.
Zen-Touch Shiatsu Teaching Considerations
The ability to teach involves different skills and aptitudes than those required of practitioners. The following are intended to shape one’s skills with the eventual outcome of attaining Instructor Certification. Proficiency in all of the above courses through consistent practical experience obtained through each intern’s private practice, “sitting in” on classes taught by different ZT instructors, repeating classes, and experience with clients at Holistic Therapies Clinic –
- *Completion of ZT I, II & III as a “Repeat Student/Teaching Assistant” approx.45 hrs (when done once)
- Successful facilitation of ZT I, II & III under the supervision of a current certified instructor. After successful completion as a supervised TA the Intern is eligible for a position as a Teacher Intern paid at the teacher intern rate.
- Participation in Zen-Touch™ Shiatsu intern meetings : theoretical and hands- on advanced training with Seymour Koblin*Private/small group lessons with Seymour in various aspects of Zen-Touch™ (technique, communication skills, assessment, recommendations etc.) There is no additional charge for Program enrollees and enrollees and graduates may attend them indefinitely. Donations are accepted.
- Thesis: Completion of a 5-10 page written thesis that summarizes how you integrate a particular interest of yours into your Zen-Touch™ E.G. ZT and…. Yoga, Hypnotherapy, Sound Healing, 5 Transformations, Yu Point therapy….etc. The thesis includes an introduction/intent statement, case studies (assessment recommendations, follow up, summary/conclusion with each of your 3-5 clients 50 logged practice sessions.) The thesis ends with a synopsis of your research, what you have learned, and where you are now with the direction of your work.
The thesis requirement can be waived if someone has successfully facilitated ZT at the teacher intern level for 5 years.
After completion of ZT Technician, the intern repeats ZT I, II, or III as a Teaching Assistant. If intern is enrolled in the HHP program these “first time repeat” hours will be counted towards the 1000 hr cetification and added to the official transcript.
Zen-Touch Shiatsu internship includes individual and group time spent with Seymour outside of regularly scheduled classes. These hours vary for each intern and may or may not be included in a transcript depending on the student’s circumstances-inquire with Seymour@isoharts.com). Fees can be financed through the school for an additional finance charge of 10% of tuition and can also be added to an existing agreement/contract.
Interns will develop advanced skills in assessment, client recommendations and intuition. Private lessons, internship meetings, thesis and advanced classes with Seymour Koblin will prepare the serious student to become a high level professional. The internship format individualizes training to bring out each interns highest potential. Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda and other styles of energetic healing, nutritional and emotional therapy, communication skills as well as modern scientific discoveries in biology and quantum physics are some of the subjects integrated into the practitioner/instructor’s training.
Successful completion of all the above is required to receive Zen-Touch™ Practitioner/Instructor Certification. This title may be listed in promotional materials, cards flyers, etc. Upon approval by Seymour, interns may receive a Zen-Touch ™ certification before they are awarded an instructor title.[Note: Instructor interns receive a lesser teaching fee than certified instructors.]
Graduates are accepted as members into AOBTA and may test for AOBTA instructor certifications. (American Organization Bodywork Therapies Asia)
The Zen-Touch Practitioner/Instructor course of studies is one of the rare apprenticeship trainings anywhere. It is based on proficiency instead of hours and encourages the individuality of each intern. It is a journey and the lessons learned on this path take precedence over certification and credentials. My commitment to facilitate in this style will reap different results for each of you. You will likely benefit most by avoiding expectations around when and if you will graduate, teach or “finish”. Zen-Touch™ is always changing and as long as you are enjoying the journey, I welcome